How to Load Notes to the Note Taker Portal
HOW TO LOAD NOTES TO THE DSS NOTE TAKER PORTAL
File Upload Instructions
File formats can be in either a PDF format file or a word document file. Handwritten notes (must be clearly legible) can be scanned and saved as a PDF file. Please note you should upload one file per lecture. If you have multiple scanned pages for a lecture, combine them into a single file.
The format for the name of the file should be the course name (e.g. MATH 101) and Date (e.g. Sept 1).
If there are no notes for a class meeting, please load a file stating the reason “no notes for today” and the reason why (e.g. test day, professor canceled class).
Loading Notes to the DSS Note Taker Portal
- Login to DSS Note Taker Portal
- Select the Note Taker Portal Icon
- Use your SIU ID and password to login.
- Select the Note Taker Tab on the top left
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to view the details of the classes that you are assigned as the note taker.
- Under file information select the class you want to upload notes for, select the week and the day the notes are for and click on “Choose File” to select the file to upload, then click upload notes.
Scanner Locations on Campus
Disability Support Services
- The DSS Front Office staff can Scan notes for note takers.
- Scanners are located on the first floor near the Information Desk.
There are a variety of free apps that can use the camera on your phone to create pdf files.
- iFiles Converter Lite
- PDF Converter
- DocAs Lite
- Image to PDF converter
- iPhone Scanner App
- Genius Scan
Please be considerate of the quality of the scanned document and remember that you should upload one file per lecture. If you have multiple scanned pages for a lecture, combine them in a single file.