Apply for Services
New DSS Students
If you are an SIU Carbondale student and you have a disability, DSS can provide accommodations and services so you will have equal educational opportunity.
- You will need to request accommodations and meet with a DSS staff member to create an Accommodation Plan.
- Meetings are usually conducted before the term begins, but you can do this at any time during the semester. However, it may take time to implement certain accommodations.
To request accommodations and meet with DSS:
- Fill out the new student application. Login to the DSS student portal using your SalukiNet username and password. If you need to upload disability documentation, you can do so when filling out the application.
- Schedule a New Student Meeting with a DSS staff member by calling us at 618-453-5738, or emailing email@example.com.
- If you already have documentation of your disability from a medical provider, you can upload it with your application or bring it with you to your meeting. If you need to submit documentation and you have already completed the new student application, you can send the files by email or fax it to 618-453-5700.
- You are welcome to request accommodations and meet with a DSS staff member even if you don’t have documentation. The DSS staff member will determine if further documentation is needed.
- Call us: 618-453-5738 or VP 618-615-4492
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In person: Student Health Center, Room 220